Friday, April 2, 2010

Picture Spring, April 2, 2010

The very talented Tracey Clark has started a class at Big Picture Scrapbooking, called Picture Spring. It is an invitation to photograph your life, even the most mundane of life, in an artistic and pleasing manner.  I only recently found Tracey’s website and was delighted to enroll in this online class. 

3677 040210 tulip tree bud

One of the shots I took this evening was of the tulip tree in my backyard.  It took a beating this winter, as you can tell from the ice-burned leaves, but now it’s beginning to bud and will soon be filled with beautiful blossoms.  The setting sun was beautiful and the sunspots add to the image, I think.  One of the bonuses today was the rim lighting from the sun.  That is one of my favorite lighting elements.

It’s a learning experience to think outside the box!  But I am enjoying it.  Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous photo. Even though we are only two days in to the class, I'm already loving it!

Monkey Mind said...

Wonderful photo! The sunspots make the photo perfect I think.

How's the pup doing?