I learned a new photography technique…..
While writing this, I was listening to "Carry My Cross" by Third Day
This week, I tried a photographic technique using flashlights and spotlights after dark. I went with two photo friends, David and Jo Ann, to an old church outside San Manuel, Texas, and took this photo at about 8:00 p.m.
We set up and tried our best to focus in the dark, so it’s a little fuzzy. But I wanted to learn the technique, and next time, we’ll use stronger lights to get better focus. So what I did was, use my wide angle lens (Nikon 24-85 mm 2:8-4 http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/lens/af/zoom/af_zoom24-85mmf_28-4d_if/index.htm) at about 28 mm, vertical aspect, and aperture about f4. Started the exposure, then used the flashlight to light up the background trees, so it wouldn’t be a black void, and to light up the foreground. This is SOOC processed from the RAW image. The foreground is too bright, and I see what I need to do to improve the lighting. This is a very rough first attempt, but I am excited about learning this new technique. Here’s the other photo of the church with the moon visible. Again, just a start, but how exciting to learn something new.
8 comments:
I'm really into photography too. This is a super cool technique. I'll have to try it. I remember a week or two ago when I attempted some night photography with tripod and the street lamps. I was so excited. I will be keeping an eye on your blog. I'd become a follower but I can't find a button to click so that I can.
What a neat idea!!! Nice job!!
Wow! Fabulous! You are light years ahead of me in photographic technology, but I love the result!
Rinda (from Shimelle's class)
that is a great technique .. love that ..
xoxo
I LOVE the photo of the church - FANTASTIC!
I love the level of detail you're providing for your photography. I also love shooting RAW with my Nikon D300s, and am hoping the learn more about my external flash. Thanks for sharing the details!
beautiful picture...I love photography too...your pictures are gorgeous!
Amazing photos. I really like the name of your blog. I'm a classmate from Blogging for Scrapbookers.
Post a Comment